Gokul Wins Thunder Quick XIV
Gokul Thangavel (2086) goes on a tear through a field of 26 other players. He had just come off a 5 game sweep in the Thunder Quick XIII and didn't take his foot off the gas this event.
Gokul finished this event with a score of 5 out of 5 yet again! And that puts him at a 10 game winning streak. Joseph may be looking forward to the challenge of putting an end to this clinic.
During the event, I was also alerted to something that piqued my curiosity. I have hosted 14 Thunder Quick events so far but I haven't kept track of all the winners. However, I took some time to search through my history and here are the results:
1. Gokul Thangavel (3 tournament wins)
2. Nathan Chen (3 tournament wins)
3. Joseph Wan (3 tournament wins)
4. James Neal (2 tournament wins)
5. Anish Lodh (2 tournament wins)
6. Michael Takahashi (2 tournament wins)
7. Siva Mennengi (1 tournament win)